Thursday 4 October 2012

Media Presentation: My own evaluation& Learner response

For my presentation I dont think I used enough hand gestures or enough eye contact. but because I'm not used to presenting in front of the class, with more experience I will have more confidence to do more actions and speak with a better flow. Also I dont think my presentation looked attractive and was quite plain, i should've used a better background with more colour so the audience would stay engaged and listen to what I'm saying. And because of what topic i chose most people wouldn't have heard of it so i could've used a kpop video that was a more typical type to its genre.

Learners Response:
Globalisation/Americanisation; the more recent kpop videos have been 'americanised' in a sense that the more newer videos lacks that typical cutesy korean pop style. For example Psy's Gangnam Style which has now gone viral across several countries around the world, isnt conforming to the norms and values of korean pop music; the exposed women (doing yoga), the lyrics. but maybe thats what it takes to become successful in the music industry.
Global villiage; Mcluhan descibed how the globe has been contracted into a villiage by electric technology. Social networking sites like twitter allows the public to access information and discuss issues or hot topics. in this example; kpop idols are able to communicate with their fans and also post up information about upcoming events, new songs/albums, concerts etc. Therefore making it easier for fans to follow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment